"I lost ten friends in the last year and a half. My husband died two years ago of an overdose."





I started using drugs, running away at an early age. I became an alcoholic heavily when I was fourteen. I've been through a lot of good times and a lot of horrible times. I got locked up for attempted murder. Falsely accused basically. Everything was dropped in California.

One thing I noticed about people in general especially in New York City. People are extremely superficial. They only see the surface, but below the surface is much more important. I look at people walking when they're walking down the street especially when I'm holding my sign trying to make money, they're so focused on clothing, every little conversation you hear is about what they're buying, where they're going to eat, how much money they're spending on this. How much money they're going to spend, spend, spend. 

I lost ten friends in the last year and a half. My husband died two years ago of an overdose. He was twenty years old. He never got to live his life. He was a beautiful man. He was a model, a surfer, he was a motorcycle mechanic.

I'm a junkie now. Straight up. I'm not an alcoholic anymore but I am a junkie.


Megan